Here in NW Wisconsin, land of clear, deep lakes and tall pines, there are many real estate bargains; properties that may be overlooked because they are located on a smaller lake, near but not lakefront, or may be an older cabin that has been lovingly maintained.
This fall offers some great bargains, lake homes and cabins that have been overlooked. It’s a great property, location, good to excellent condition, and priced appropriately but simply has not sold. There is an inventory of homes and cabins but not enough buyers.
The home may have been initially overpriced and now priced appropriately, but because it’s been sitting on the market for several months buyers have moved on.
Buyers may be going after that elusive perfect up north chalet or log home on the big, deep, full recreation and fishing lake with perfect level sandy beach front, priced under $300,000, overlooking many fine properties on smaller lakes.
There are some great homes sleeping on the market simply because there’s so much inventory.
It’s still a great time to come look at properties in NW Wisconsin. If you’re sitting on the sidelines waiting for another price reduction, don’t wait. Buyers and investors are out now snapping up these sleepers. If you are watching one of the sleepers, now might be the perfect time to make your move. Make sure you have your pre-approval from your loan officer ready to go. Then make your move! Or someone else might beat you to it!
Sleepers available in Douglas County, Wisconsin (just 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, 1.5 hours from Eau Claire, 45 minutes from Superior/Duluth):
- Just listed: 2 BR Upper Lake St Croix log home. 10746 S Tracy Rd, Solon Springs, WI. $295,000
- Just listed: 2 BR St Croix riverfront chalet on private 2.08 acres. 9748 E Acorn Dr, Gordon. $200,000
- Just listed: 3 BR well-maintained and affordable Gordon town home. 9550 E Cty Rd Y, Gordon. $80,000
- Newer 4 BR log sided chalet. 8114 E Cty RdY, Gordon. $265,000
- 3 BR home on 13+ acres in the heart of Douglas County Forest. 6418 E Cty Rd M, Gordon. $200,000.
- Just reduced: 3 BR home on quiet Spider Lake with 179’ of level, sandy frontage.14678 S Bell Rd, Wascott. $199,000.
- 5 BR immaculate home on 5 acres. 9757 S Cosgrove Rd, Gordon, WI. $185,000.
- Home with 2.55 acres on the Eau Claire River. 14411 S River Terrace Dr. Gordon, WI. $125,000