Tips for a quicker home sale in a transitional NW Wisconsin market.
The Spring 2014 NW Wisconsin real estate market is heating up, even if the outside temps are still in frigid territory. NW Wisconsin is an area rich in beauty and recreation with many clear, deep lakes. The lake home and recreation property market still offers buyers a good variety of homes at all price ranges and styles. Those homes that are in the best condition and priced appropriately are poised to sell quickly this Spring.
Here are 8 tips to help your home sell quicker.
- Clear the clutter. Remove your personality from every room in the house. Buyers will be better able to envision how the house suits their personality and lifestyle.
- Kitchen and bathroom. These rooms are the heart of the home, so be sure they show to their best advantage. A fresh coat of paint is an inexpensive and effective way to freshen up the rooms.
- Clean, inviting space. A clean home can invite a prospective buyer to stay permanently.
- Price it right. Learn what your property is worth in today’s market for the local area. Pricing it high only results in price reductions, perhaps several, later. Buyers are savvy. They do their homework online.
- Curb appeal. You only get one chance to make a first impression.
- Highlight the energy-efficient and money saving features of your home: solar panels, solar water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, spray foam insulation, high-performance windows and doors.
- Offer incentives to buyers: buyer’s closing costs, home warranty, turnkey – include all furnishings.
- Use great descriptions.
- Move-in or turnkey condition
- New landscaping
- Avoid motivated, must sell, or words that connote desperation
- Professionally staged
- House paint looks fresh
- Yard is green and mowed
- Yard is free of toys and clutter
Thinking of selling? I’ll be happy to provide a free comparative market analysis for your property. Gordon, Wascott, Minong, Barnes, Solon Springs, Bennett, Spooner, Hayward, and other communities in NW Wisconsin. Jean Hedren, Edina Realty, NW Wisconsin. www.JeanHedren.com