Stunning luxury Whitefish Lake home for sale: 8526 E Baker Rd, Gordon, WI.
New price: $989,000
Beachfront luxury on one of NW Wisconsin’s deepest, clearest lakes – Whitefish Lake
- Custom designed home with approx. 4000 sq. ft. of living space
- 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- 21.64 private acres
- 365’ level, sandy beach frontage. Level lot from house to beach.
- Attached 3-car heated garage with extra storage
- Large deck with hot tub
- Lighted walkway to lake and beach
- Natural landscaping
- Large wood burning fireplace
- Natural woodwork throughout
- Central air
- High-efficiency LP gas furnace, in-floor heating
- Laundry on both levels
- Security system
- 28 x 26’ great room with floor to ceiling, lake facing windows
- Skylight windows and ceiling fans
- Sliding glass doors walk-out to deck
- 16 x 14’ dining area offers plenty of room for entertaining in style
- 17 x 13’ gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Granite countertops, cherry cabinetry, and large island
- Breakfast bar
- Two unique 23 x 15 6-sided suites with panoramic views of the lake plus 4 additional bedrooms
- Walk-in closets.
- Sunny 3-season, screened porch
About Whitefish (Bardon) Lake
Compared to most other lakes in northwestern Wisconsin, 832-acre Whitefish (Bardon) Lake is different in two ways. First, although a number of fine homes have been built on the lake, special shoreland zoning ordinances have done much to preserve the lake’s natural and scenic beauty. From your home at the head of Whitefish Lake, you’ll be able to look southward across a huge expanse of water whose shore appears largely uninhabited. The lake is wild enough, in fact, so that eagles and loons are spotted frequently. Second, the lake is deep, cold, and clear. According to the DNR, it has a maximum depth of 102′ and a mean depth of 30′. Over 60% of the lake is deeper than 20′, and less than 4% is less than 3′ deep. Secchi disk readings average 22 to 23′. The littoral bottom is over 95% sand; most of the remainder is rock rubble. The lake boasts an unusual two-story fishery, with warm-water species in shallow areas and trout in the depths. In recent years, the lake has yielded a number of trophy-class pike, walleye, largemouth, smallmouth, and trout (both brown and rainbow). The lake also contains bluegills, rock bass, perch, white suckers, and creek chubs. Conveniently located. Spooner, Hayward, and Superior are all within 40 minutes. It’s an easy 45-minute commute to Duluth, and it’s just 2.5 hours to Eau Claire or the Twin Cities. You’ll find small public airfields at Solon Springs, Hayward, Spooner, Shell Lake, and Superior.
Jean Hedren, Edina Realty, your luxury property expert in NW Wisconsin. www.JeanHedren.com