Viewing Lake Properties
One of the most exciting aspects of buying a home is looking at different properties in your price range, and seeing houses in various sizes, conditions, and styles. It’s the best real estate education of all.
How many to see How many homes should you plan to view before you make a decision? That’s up to you, and will depend on the neighborhood, the market, and your specific requirements. With all the homes on the market at any given time, the key is to focus your efforts on suitable properties. Your Realtor® will help by eliminating homes that don’t meet your criteria – and tracking down those that do.
Everyone’s tolerance levels are different. Some people like to view as many as possible. Those looking for a vacation home in Northwest Wisconsin may be traveling 2-3 hours or even more to get to the area of interest. If you are planning to tour properties in one day, then there may be only time to see 4-6 homes. If an overnight or weekend is planned, then many more homes and a broader area can be covered. Your Realtor will help you plan the most efficient tour to suit your needs and time constraints.
What to expect Your Realtor® is happy to show you any house that’s on the market. Once you’re ready to view a property, here’s what you can expect:
- Schedule all visits in advance with your Realtor. The seller typically needs 24 hours notice, although many are flexible and willing to show with 2 hours notice.
- Plan to spend up to 30 minutes seeing each property. Allow for travel time, particularly when viewing properties in a few towns and even counties.
- Wear shoes that slip off easily.
- Try not to bring small children. They’ll become tired and bored, and without them, you’ll be better able to focus on the task at hand.
- Pay attention to the home’s curb appeal, floor plan, and overall amenities.
- Take notes, ask questions, and make comments that will help your Realtor understand your needs and what you like and don’t like about the home.
- Be considerate of the owners, who may or may not be present during the tour.
- Relax and have fun!
Ready to start looking for your NW Wisconsin lake home? Start your search: http://www.jeanhedren.com/