If you are thinking of selling your home and need to do a few updates first, The National Association of Realtors Remodeling Impact Report of 2019 offers data on the 12 interior projects worth doing that will result in the highest return on your remodeling dollars.
Complete kitchen renovation, kitchen upgrade, and HVAC replacement rank the highest with most buyer appeal.
Rank of projects appeal to buyers highest to lowest (2019 Remodeling Impact Report):
- Complete kitchen renovation
- Kitchen upgrade
- HVAC replacement
- New wood flooring
- Bathroom renovation
- Hardwood flooring refinish
- New master suite/owner’s suite
- Add new bathroom
- Basement conversion to living area
- Attic conversion to living area
- Insulation upgrade
- Closet renovation