The best way to get the most money for your home is to price it right at the start. Today’s buyers are discerning. They have the information at their fingertips to pay what they believe your home is worth. Ultimately, a home’s value is what a buyer is willing to pay rather then what the selling thinks their home is worth.
Here are 10 benefits to right pricing:
- Each new listing creates a buzz in the local real estate community. The right price will generate more calls and inquiries, and attract more Realtors to show the house.
- The right price will send the message to buyers that the price is based on actual value rather than sentimental value.
- Homes tend to sell closer to the asking price during the first few weeks on the market, resulting in a higher price in a shorter time.
- Fewer mortgage payments and less interest paid means more money in your pocket.
- The right price sends the message to the buyer that your home is a better value compared to others on the market.
- Less time on the market means less time keeping the home ready for showings.
- In a fluctuating market, it is better to sell now as prices may decrease even more.
- The longer the house sits on the market, buyers may think there is something wrong with the house.
- Keep your ultimate goal in mind – selling now means moving on with your life.
- There is never a second chance to make a good first impression.