Click image for full article.
In addition to one level living, buyers look for these features:
- Wider hallways that can accommodate walkers, wheelchairs or railings
- An open floor plan
- Carpet, rather than rugs (which tend to cause trip-ups)
- At least one no-step entry into the house
- Pull-down levers, rather than round doorknobs
- A step-in shower, rather than a traditional bathtub
- Pull-out kitchen drawers (rather than cabinets that make you bend and hunt)
About Jean Hedren Realtor. Jean Hedren, Edina Realty NW Wisconsin Realtor, specializes in lake homes, cabins, and waterfront real estate in NW Wisconsin. View all posts by Jean.