You only get one chance to make a good first impression. When everything inside and outside of the house is in perfect repair, buyers will think your house is obviously well cared for.
- Trim bushes and branches so they don’t block windows or architectural details.
- Set a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch or front walkway.
- Install new, matching locks and knobs on your front door.
- Repair any cracks or holes in the driveway, and clean oil spots with degreaser and a steel brush.
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees.
- Stow your garden tools and hoses out of sight, and clear kids’ toys from the lawn.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade your outdoor lighting.
- Purchase a new doormat for outside your front door.
- Clean your windows, inside and out.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Mow your lawn. Also, turning on the sprinklers for 30 minutes before the showing will make the whole yard sparkle.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.
Selling a home in NW Wisconsin? Send me an email or give me a call at 218-590-6634. Or, email me: email@example.com. I’ll be happy to provide a current price analysis to give you an idea of what your home will sell for in the current market.