The 2022 NW Wisconsin real estate market is expected to continue as a sellers market. Even with low inventory the homes that are in the best condition and priced appropriately are poised to sell quickly and for the highest possible price.Here are 15 tips to help your home sell quicker.
- Focus on the exterior. First impressions make a big difference. Be sure the outside of your home is clean and inviting, and your front entrance is welcoming.
- Keep the house neat and clean. Buyers may think cleanliness is a sign of deeper issues.
- Small repairs can make a big difference.
- Big repairs can make a bigger difference. Major issues should be addressed before the home is on the market. If selling “as is” these issues need to be disclosed up front.
- Accentuate the positives. Open drapes and curtains, bring in the light.
- Remove unnecessary furniture. Spacious rooms help prospective buyers imagine themselves in the home.
- Remove other unnecessary clutter. Basement and closets should be well organized to show their full potential.
- Pay attention to homey details. Fresh, clean towels in the bathroom, beds made.
- Light your home. Arrange lamps to create a warm, intimate touch in a large room.
- Create a comfortable atmosphere. If there is a fireplace, light it.
- Minimize distractions as much as possible. Televisions off.
- Keep animals out of the way. A potential buyer may not be a dog or cat lover.
- Try not to be home during showings. If the owner is present at the showing, this can be inhibiting to buyers.
- Have records ready. Be ready to provide a buyer with home improvement and repair bills.
- Leave the selling to the professional. Only your Realtor should discuss price, terms, possession with the buyer or buyers’ agent.
Thinking of selling? I’ll be happy to provide a free comparative market analysis for your property. Gordon, Wascott, Minong, Barnes, Solon Springs, Trego, Spooner, Hayward, and other communities in NW Wisconsin. Jean Hedren, Edina Realty, NW Wisconsin. www.JeanHedren.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.