Beauty and energy efficiency are blended in this bright, versatile Terra Dome earth home on 23+ acres. Open, light, and airy, the home faces south to collect sunlight through its energy-efficient windows. Owners focused particular attention on infrastructure details as well as appealing decor to create this safe and comfortable home. All one-level living with generous spaces throughout the home. Gorgeous granite countertops, 3-zone infloor heat, 3-season porch with wood burning stove, 40-panel solar array. Beautiful view from all windows. Half mile from the Bois Brule River (https://youtu.be/uWuNlXwAZZQ) for world class trout fishing.
Here’s a summary of building and infrastructure details for this special property:
- Terra Dome earth homes are described by their builder as “bright & beautiful, safe & secure, energy efficient, affordable & versatile.” (For more on this company and the advantages of its construction methods, visit https://www.terra-dome.com/.) Their interiors are surprisingly open, light, and airy. This home’s 108’ front side faces south to collect sunlight through its energy-efficient double-pane windows.
- The home’s concrete walls are 9 ½” thick, with ½” rebar every 12” on center. A fringe benefit: extra thermal mass to moderate temperature swings. Between 4 and 8’ of earth covers the structure. South-facing walls are also highly insulated and energy-efficient.
- 2021 upgraded kitchen with granite countertops, granite island, and new backsplash.
- The home has three-zone in-floor heat that can be powered by electricity, or wood pellets. One high-efficiency stove is located in the main living area, and another is located in the screen porch.
- Covered cubic feet firewood storage shed – 16’L x 4’W x 7’T. Will hold wood for a heating season.
- A 40-panel solar array with a 10.8Kw inverter provides enough electricity for typical residential use; sellers report that last year they received a rebate by producing more electricity than they used.
- Dahlberg – 2021 electric cost $170. Credit from Dahlberg $200+.
- 23.6 acres surrounded by state or DNR land.