Welcome to northwest Wisconsin. We’re closer than you think, and it’s a great place to get more cabin, lake home, or waterfront real estate for your money.
Communities in this area include Barnes, Solon Springs, Wascott, Gordon, Minong, Trego, Spooner, Chicog, and Webb Lake. This undiscovered area of northwest Wisconsin is less well-known than Hayward or Cable, and that means your real estate dollar can stretch a lot farther around here. (For details, click on Get More for Your $ tab up in the menu bar.)
Despite that, for visitors driving up from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, we’re often much closer than Hayward or Cable. (For details, check out my Get Here Fast pages.)
While you’re here, you’ll also want to check out the NW WI Lakes & Rivers pages of my website. Since I’m a Realtor specializing in lake homes, cabins, and waterfront real estate, and since that’s probably why you’re here, here’s a sampling of the lakes you’ll find in each community:
- Barnes, Wisconsin. Barnes is home to the Eau Claire Chain of Lakes that includes Upper Eau Claire Lake, Middle Eau Claire Lake, and Lower Eau Claire Lake. The Eau Claire Chain also includes Birch Lake, Bony Lake, and Robinson Lake. Nearby, you’ll find several smaller lakes like Pickerel Lake.
- Solon Springs, Wisconsin. Solon Springs lies on the shore of Upper Saint Croix Lake, which is the headwaters of the Saint Croix River.
- Wascott, Wisconsin. Wascott is home to Whitefish Lake, Bond Lake, Leader Lake, Crystal Lake, Person Lake, Person Lake, Crystal Lake, and Red Lake.
- Gordon, Wisconsin. Gordon is home to the Gordon Flowage, also known as the Saint Croix Flowage. The western portion of Lower Eau Claire Lake also falls within Gordon. (The rest of the Eau Claire Chain of Lakes is within the town of Barnes.)
- Minong, Wisconsin. Minong is home to the Minong Flowage, Gilmore Lake, Nancy Lake, Pokegema Lake, Horseshoe Lake, Big Bass Lake, and Upper, Middle, and Lower Kimball Lake.
- Spooner, Wisconsin. Just to the east of Spooner, you’ll find Spooner Lake.
- Trego, Wisconsin. Trego lies just north of Spooner, and is home to over a dozen lakes that include Trego Lake, Big McKenzie Lake, Middle McKenzie Lake, Lower McKenzie Lake, Lincoln Lake, McKinley Lake, Dunn Lake, Casey Lake, Island Lake, and more.
- Webb Lake, Wisconsin. Webb Lake, which lies about halfway between Minong and Danbury, is home to Webb Lake, Big Bear Lake, Little Bear Lake, Des Moines Lake, Long Lake, Nicaboyne Lake, and more.
Those are just the most well-known lakes and communities; to learn more, please take a moment to explore the rest of my website. And for videos showing lakes, parks, bike routes, and other area attractions, please visit my YouTube channel at Jean Hedren, Your NW Wisconsin Realtor.
Finally… To learn more about the real estate for sale in northwest Wisconsin (especially lake homes, cabins, and waterfront properties), give me a call at 218-590-6634. Or, you can reach me at email@example.com.
P.S.: Here’s a tip for your up-north real estate search: Take time to learn more by exploring my website—especially these community pages and the related lake pages you’ll find under the NW WI Lakes & Rivers tab. Because sometimes it makes sense to first figure out which northern Wisconsin lakes seem most interesting, and then look for a cabin, lake home, or waterfront property on the lakes that are right for you.
And while lake maps and descriptions are a good start, there’s nothing like actually seeing these places in person. Be ready to drive around and stop at lots of parks and boat landings on NW WI lakes that seem promising. And don’t forget your hiking boots, road bikes, mountain bikes, canoes, kayaks, fishing boats, ATVs, snowmobiles, or whatever other gear you need to explore the way you like to explore.
It’s worth investing a few weekends in your exploring. Here in NW WI, we have plenty of resorts, lodges, hotels, motels, cabin rentals, and luxury VRBO lake homes. If you need a break from cooking, you’ll also find plenty of restaurants, cafes, taverns, and bar and grill-type places that offer great food and a fun northwoods ambience.
So welcome, and enjoy your up-north visit. If you decide you want to do more than just visit, I’ll be glad to help you find the lake home, cabin, or waterfront real estate that’s right for you.