This charming northwest Wisconsin lake home is located on a quiet corner of Lower Eau Claire Lake, not far from where the Eau Claire River exits the lake and flows westward to join the Saint Croix River at Gordon. It includes a guest cabin, boathouse, and large detached garage.
To see exactly where 14088 E Sunny Shores Drive is located, and to enjoy brief but spectacular drone footage of the home and its setting on the Eau Claire Chain of Lakes, just click on the video.
To learn more about this beautiful lake home and its guest cabin, click Lower Eau Claire Lake home.
To arrange a showing, call Jean Hedren (that’s me) at (218) 590-6634. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
My blog and website: www.JeanHedrenRealtor.com.
Property Search: www.JeanHedren.com.
For more drone videos, home tours, and video tours of the boating channels between the Eau Claire Lakes, check out my YouTube channel: YourNWWisconsinRealtor.
Among my YouTube videos about northwest Wisconsin lakes, the most popular have been those that feature boating channels between certain lakes. Whether you’re paddling, pontooning, or powerboating, it’s fun to get a sneak preview so you know what to expect. And if you’re looking for a home or cabin on one of those lakes, you’ll want the answer to this important question: “Can I really get there from here?”
That’s especially true for the Eau Claire Chain of Lakes, which includes Upper Eau Claire, Middle Eau Claire, Lower Eau Claire, and also nearby lakes like Bony, Birch, and Robinson. To help you understand the big picture, here’s an overview map. After the map, you’ll find brief descriptions and links to the corresponding YouTube videos.
Finally, a word of caution:
Eau Claire Lakes channels, Barnes, WI
1. Robinson Lake to Birch Lake. Navigable by canoes, kayaks, and most pontoons or speedboats. No bridges to go under. Video here.
- Birch Lake to Upper Eau Claire. Navigable by canoes, kayaks, and most pontoons or speedboats. Bridge at Lake Road, just before entering Upper Eau Claire. Video here.
- Bony Lake to Middle Eau Claire. Navigable by canoes, kayaks, and medium-sized fishing boats or speedboats. Bridge at Highway 27. Video here.
- Middle Eau Claire to Lower Eau Claire. This connection includes a lock and dam that can handle canoes, kayaks, and small fishing boats. Paddlers may find it quicker to just portage up and over South Shore road. Above this point, the river is navigable by canoes, kayaks, and most pontoons or speedboats—pretty much anything that can get under the bridge at River Road. Below here, the river is shallower and faster—but still suitable for canoes, kayaks, and small fishing boats. Video here.
- *Upper Eau Claire to Middle Eau Claire. This narrow, rocky passage gets an asterisk because it’s only navigable by canoe or kayak. Even then, it’s most feasible as a one-way downstream trip. Begins at outlet dam; portage is on private land. Scroll down for photos. The first two are from just above the outlet dam; the next three are from the bridge at Outlet Bay Road.
Conditions and water levels can change. Some boats are wider, taller, or draw more water. To prevent shoreline erosion, all of these routes are designated no-wake zones. Keep your speed down and proceed with caution.
Curious about cabins for sale on the Eau Claire Chain of Lakes? Call Jean Hedren, Your NW Wisconsin Realtor, 218-590-6634. Or, email email@example.com
Welcome to the sunny shores of Lower Eau Claire Lake. Beautiful, fully remodeled 2 bedroom lake home in a private 3+ acre wooded and landscaped setting with 175′ of lake frontage on this crystal clear lake. This property includes a restored mid-century 1 bedroom and bathroom guest cabin with kitchen and living room.
Sold: 14088 E Sunny Shores, Drive, Gordon, WI
Curious about this NW Wisconsin lake home or other Gordon WI real estate? Call Jean Hedren, Edina Realty. 218-590-6634. Or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beautiful half-log sided cabin and privacy on the Eau Claire River with easy boating access to Middle Eau Claire Lake, plus small boat access to Lower Eau Claire Lake. Three bedroom, 2 bath year round home with stone wood burning fireplace, wrap around deck, large kitchen, stainless steel appliances, and lovely woods and water views. An addition added to expand the living space to 2148 sq ft with new roof and windows. Did I mention a 30 x 40 drive through pole building?
Less than 3 hours from the Twin Cities and one hour to Superior/Duluth.
Property details: 1890 South Shore Rd, Barnes, WI
Call Jean Hedren, Edina Realty NW Wisconsin, to schedule a showing. 218-590-6634.
This appealing midcentury cabin on Lower Eau Claire Lake, Gordon, WI features 109′ of level sandy lake frontage that’s perfect for swimming and fishing. And, by the way, the cabin is pretty nice too. Comfortable, open living area with gas fireplace and bathroom that includes a dry sauna. Guest cabin offers additional sleeping room. Two cabins, one affordable price.
Curious to see more? Call Jean Hedren, NW Wisconsin Realtor, at 218-590-6634.
Comfortable and spacious luxury home with southern exposure on premier Upper Eau Claire Lake. Custom designed with high-end amenities and large windows for maximum lake viewing. 155′ of sandy lake frontage. Most furniture and pontoon included.
Property details: 3543 Lake Rd, Barnes, WI
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
3543 sq ft
3-car detached garage
SOLD 2.45-acre Middle Eau Claire riverfront lot, River Rd, Barnes, WI
Beautiful 2.45-acre riverfront lot on the Eau Claire River between Middle and Lower Eau Claire Lakes. 350′ of sandy bottom frontage with boating access to Middle Eau Claire and Lower Eau Claire Lakes. Located in popular Barnes, Wisconsin lakes and recreation area. Curious about cabins on the Eau Claire chain of lakes in Barnes WI, visit Jean Hedren, Edina Realty