Start your lake home or cabin search today at www.JeanHedren.com. Search by lake name or community in NW Wisconsin. Then give me a call to arrange a showing tour.
Commute 45 min to Superior-Duluth – Custom built log chalet at Gordon/St Croix Flowage
Details: 8114 E Cty Rd Y, Gordon, WI.
Home for sale in Gordon, WI.
- 4 BR, 3 BA
- Large rec room in lower level
- 3.22 acre lot on elevated site
- Exterior log siding
- Pine, cedar, oak, and hickory T&G interior woods
- Large kitchen with lots of cupboard space and granite countertops
- Large backyard with regulation beach volleyball court
- High-R walls, low-E windows
- Tankless water heater, high-efficiency furnace, and heat exchange ventilation
- All energy-star appliances
- Master suite and office in upper level
- 2-car garage with unfinished 26 x 24 room above garage
- A couple miles from the St Croix Flowage boat landing
- Easy access to more recreational opportunities – lakes, trails, back roads, and public land.
- 2-car garage
Here in NW Wisconsin, land of clear, deep lakes and tall pines, there are many real estate bargains; properties that may be overlooked because they are located on a smaller lake, near but not lakefront, or may be an older cabin that has been lovingly maintained.
This fall offers some great bargains, lake homes and cabins that have been overlooked. It’s a great property, location, good to excellent condition, and priced appropriately but simply has not sold. There is an inventory of homes and cabins but not enough buyers.
The home may have been initially overpriced and now priced appropriately, but because it’s been sitting on the market for several months buyers have moved on.
Buyers may be going after that elusive perfect up north chalet or log home on the big, deep, full recreation and fishing lake with perfect level sandy beach front, priced under $300,000, overlooking many fine properties on smaller lakes.
There are some great homes sleeping on the market simply because there’s so much inventory.
It’s still a great time to come look at properties in NW Wisconsin. If you’re sitting on the sidelines waiting for another price reduction, don’t wait. Buyers and investors are out now snapping up these sleepers. If you are watching one of the sleepers, now might be the perfect time to make your move. Make sure you have your pre-approval from your loan officer ready to go. Then make your move! Or someone else might beat you to it!
Sleepers available in Douglas County, Wisconsin (just 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, 1.5 hours from Eau Claire, 45 minutes from Superior/Duluth):
- Just listed: 2 BR Upper Lake St Croix log home. 10746 S Tracy Rd, Solon Springs, WI. $295,000
- Just listed: 2 BR St Croix riverfront chalet on private 2.08 acres. 9748 E Acorn Dr, Gordon. $200,000
- Just listed: 3 BR well-maintained and affordable Gordon town home. 9550 E Cty Rd Y, Gordon. $80,000
- Newer 4 BR log sided chalet. 8114 E Cty RdY, Gordon. $265,000
- 3 BR home on 13+ acres in the heart of Douglas County Forest. 6418 E Cty Rd M, Gordon. $200,000.
- Just reduced: 3 BR home on quiet Spider Lake with 179’ of level, sandy frontage.14678 S Bell Rd, Wascott. $199,000.
- 5 BR immaculate home on 5 acres. 9757 S Cosgrove Rd, Gordon, WI. $185,000.
- Home with 2.55 acres on the Eau Claire River. 14411 S River Terrace Dr. Gordon, WI. $125,000
This charming, small log cabin with large sleeping loft is your quiet getaway with plenty of wildlife enjoyment. Well-maintained cabin, 2-car garage, and 1.52-acre lot shows pride of ownership.
11458 S Twin Lakes Rd, Solon Springs, WI 54873
Enjoy swans and many other types of birds, deer, fox, and other widlife that stop by or pass through from your deck or living room. The private lot is wooded with mature pine and hardwoods. Low maintenance; just relax and enjoy.
The log cabin has approximately 1060’ of living space. A large loft bedroom, one bathroom, large kitchen/dining area, and large living room. A fire in the wood stove will keep this home warm in the coldest months. There is also electric baseboard heating. Two-car garage offers plenty of storage space for toys and tools.
While the 156’ lake frontage is sandy and level, this lake is best for canoing or kayaking, duck hunting, wildlife watching, and quiet enjoyment.
Just minutes away, you’ll find dozens more rivers and lakes. Close to trails and abundant public land. Approximately 10 miles from Solon Springs and US 53; 30 minutes from Superior/Duluth, and less than 3 hours from Minneapolis/St Paul.
Solon Springs cabin for sale. Douglas County WI cabin for sale.
More details: 14678 S Bell Rd, Wascott, WI. Wascott WI homes for sale.
Enjoy the serenity of this 63-acre, quiet Spider Lake with no public access. A great swimming, paddling, boating, and fishing lake.
Just reduced: $199,000
This 3 BR lake home with 179′ of level, sandy frontage offers a quiet getaway on a quiet lake. No public access, this lake offers great paddling and fishing. Enjoy the lake view from the main level 3-season porch or lower level screened porch. Rec room in lower level features wet bar and beautiful built-in hutch. Two stone, wood-burning fireplaces keep this home comfortable. Pontoon, dock, and boats are included.
This property offers options as your private vacation getaway or as a vacation income property. Located within the Northwest Wisconsin recreation country offering great fishing on many area lakes, hunting, ATV/snowmo trails, hiking, biking, paddling, boating, and much more. Just 2.5 hours from Minneapolis/St Paul, 1.5 hours from Eau Claire, 45 minutes to Superior/Duluth, and a few minutes to Gordon, Minong, or Solon Springs for groceries, hardware, and other conveniences.
NW Wisconsin waterfront properties are in demand
Home sales in Greater Minnesota and western Wisconsin are up 19 percent, while sales of waterfront properties are up a whopping 121 percent over last year.
Right now is a great time to buy. Consumer confidence is up, we’ve been seeing some promising economic indicators, interest rates are still at historic lows, and our Northwestern Wisconsin real estate market is turning around. That’s good news for buyers and sellers alike.
Start your lake home or cabin search now. Search by community or by lake. www.JeanHedren.com
3 BR cabin on quiet Spider Lake. Vacation rental potential. Wascott, WI
14678 S Bell Rd, Wascott WI: http://www.edinarealty.com/jean-hedren-realtor/homes-for-sale/WI/Wascott/54890/14678-S-Bell-Rd-69747961
Quiet, turnkey getaway on no public access Spider Lake. Wascott, WI
- •3 BR, 2 BA
- •2654 sq ft of living space – turnkey
- •179’ of gently sloping sandy frontage
- •Main level 3-season porch runs the full width of the house, plus lower level screen porch
- •Two woodburning stone fireplaces
- •Rec room features wet bar and beautiful built-in hutch
- •Includes dock, pontoon, fishing boat, canoe, lakeside glider, most furniture
- •12 x 12’ mudroom entrance with extra storage
- •Updated kitchen and low-maintenance stucco siding
- •Electric fenced garden with well/pumphouse
- •63-acre Spider Lake is a great paddling and swimming lake
- •With limited public access, the locals say the fishing is good
- •Vacation rental income potential
- •A few miles west of Gordon, within a 45-minute commute to Superior/Duluth, and 2.5 hours from Twin Cities
View 14678 S Bell Rd, Wascott, WI in a larger map
Jean Hedren, Realtor
Edina Realty Inc.
Homes for sale Wascott WI. Homes for sale in Douglas County WI.