Local wildflowers and other beauties along the Brule-Bog North Country Trail. Solon Springs, WI.
Enjoy these local wildflower beauties from Gordon, Wisconsin. This lovely is called Bellwort.
Douglas County Wisconsin northwest corner of Northwest Wisconsin.
For some reason, the northwest corner of northwest Wisconsin remains largely undiscovered. In the minds of many vacationers and home buyers from the Twin Cities, Eau Claire, or Chicago, there’s a large blank area on the map of Wisconsin; it extends all the way from Duluth to Hayward. It’s time to fill in the blank.
Up here in my corner of Northwestern Wisconsin, you’ll find that Douglas County, Bayfield County, Washburn County, and Sawyer County all offer some great real estate bargains. They also offer quiet, relaxing places to live or visit. Within each county, you’ll find smaller pockets that each have their own distinct personalities. All of them offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities right outside your door:
- Canoe, kayak, or boat on our streams, rivers, and lakes.
- Experience world-class trout streams.
- Enjoy great fishing for muskies, northern pike, walleye, bass, and bluegills.
- Swim or sunbathe on sandy beaches.
- Play a few rounds of golf on one of our many courses.
- Hike, bike, ATV, or snowmobile on an extensive network of trails.
- Pump up your tires and get ready for some great road and mountain biking.
- Enjoy the winter woods on snowshoes or cross-country skis.
- Hunt large game, small game, upland game, or waterfowl.
- Participate in a wide variety of family-oriented community events.
- Simply get out and enjoy nature.
I live near Gordon on the 1900-acre Gordon-St Croix Flowage; it’s in the southern part of Douglas County. My home neighborhood covers Douglas County, western Bayfield County, and northern Washburn County.
Over the years, I’ve become well-acquainted with the lakes and communities throughout these counties, as well as with the Hayward Lakes area of Sawyer County. I’d be glad to show you properties in that area.
You may be able to get more for your money over my way. This truly is the last undiscovered corner of Northern Wisconsin. In many cases, the same dollars will get you more home, more cabin, more shoreline on a clear, deep lake, or more acres of great hunting land.
I’d like to help my clients, both present and future, learn more about the undiscovered and under-rated northwestern corner of northwestern Wisconsin. Who knows? Maybe someday we’ll become neighbors.